~Destiny~

Destiny
rides the wild stallion
chasing me through the night

I hide
frightened
among the trees

Hoping he will pass
leaving me forgotten
in his wake.

I hear the distant hoof-beats
pounding time with my heart.

Drawing ever closer.

Until the sound
is upon me,
around me,
within in me.

Pulling me forward
urging me to join him
in my seemingly 
inevitable fate.

I hold on
hold my breath
knowing I must not reveal myself
and be swept away
in the approaching storm.

The thundering noise
roars past me
the trailing winds
whipping my hair 
against my face.

And within a moment
horse and rider
are gone
disappearing 
into the night.

And there is silence.

Only the sound 
of my slowing heart
pounding in my head.

I push through the trees
 onto the path
into the quiet moonlight.

Step by step,
I walk forward
Brushing the hair from eyes.
and knowing the future
 is mine alone to create.

Knowing I have won.